Forms Now Available
Please send assessments and forms to:
American Pecan Council P.O. Box 100398 Fort Worth, Texas 76185 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: 866-232-0085 Please direct all questions and/or comments to the American Pecan Council office at 817-916-0020
or you may contact us by email, email@example.com
REPORTING FOR THE 2018 CROP YEAR:
All Handlers are required to complete Form 1,2,3,5, & 6 monthly and deliver to the Council office no later than the tenth (10th) of each month. Handlers will only submit a Report of Inter-Handler Transfer of Pecans – Form 4 any time
an inter-handler transfer takes place according to §986.26. If a handler believes any of the above forms do not apply to your entity, please enter zeros, or write does not apply on that form. The Report of Year-End Inventory – Form 7 will be submitted
as of August 31, 2019. Form 7 is to be delivered to the Council office by September 10, 2019 regarding the 2018 crop year.
All handlers will be emailed or mailed a HANDLER PACKET. If you have any questions regarding the Reporting Forms, please contact the American Pecan Council office.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is considered a handler?
The definition of to handler cited in 7 CFR 986 is included below for reference.
Some scenarios where a grower would be classified as a handler are listed below.
- Grower shelling own product
- Grower selling own product in retail
- Grower directly exporting inshell pecans to another country
Who is the American Pecan Council?
The American Pecan Council is the Federal Marketing Order for the pecans grown in the states of Alabama, Arkansas, Arizona, California, Florida, Georgia, Kansas, Louisiana, Missouri, Mississippi, North Carolina, New Mexico, Oklahoma, South Carolina, and Texas. The regions within the production area consist of the following:
- Eastern Region, consisting of: Alabama, Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina
- Central Region, consisting of: Arkansas, Kansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Oklahoma, Texas
- Western Region, consisting of: Arizona, California, New Mexico
The American Pecan Council consists of 17 members selected by the Secretary, each of whom shall have an alternate member nominated with the same qualifications as the member. The 17 members include nine (9) grower seats, six (6) sheller seats, and two (2) at-large seats allocated to one accumulator and one public member. Each region is allocated to the following member seats:
- Eastern Region: Three (3) growers and two (2) shellers;
- Central Region: Three (3) growers and two (2) shellers;
- Western Region: Three (3) growers and two (2) shellers.
For more information, please visit the United States Department of Agriculture – Agricultural Marketing Services (AMS) website.
What are the dates for each crop year?
The pecan crop year begins September 1st and goes through August 31st.
What are the reporting form requirements for each crop year?
Handlers of pecans are Federally Mandated to submit required reporting forms to the Council office. Below, we have outlined the reporting form requirements by crop year. Please note, the monthly reporting forms are due to the Council office by the 10th day of each month. Handlers will not submit FORM 7 until after August 31st of each crop year and is due by September 10th. Handlers will submit FORM 4 as it occurs.
- 2016 Crop Year – October 1, 2016 through August 31, 2017
- FORM 4 (if applicable) and FORM 7
- 2017 Crop Year – September 1, 2017 through August 31, 2018
- September 1, 2017 through March 31, 2018 – Summarized FORM 1,2,3,5, and 6
- Beginning April 2018, FORM 1-6 is to be submitted monthly through August 2018
- FORM 4 as it occurs
- FORM 7 as of August 31, 2018
- 2018 Crop Year – September 1, 2018 through August 31, 2019
- FORM 1, 2, 3, 5, 6 monthly
- FORM 4 as it occurs
- FORM 7 as of August 31, 2019