- 1 cup raw pecan halves
- 1/2 pound (or 2 cups) sharp cheddar cheese, freshly grated
- 4 ounce jar sliced pimientos
- 2 tablespoons red hot sauce (like Franks RedHot Original Sauce)
- 2 tablespoons mayo
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spread pecans on a baking sheet and roast for 8 to 10 minutes, or until golden brown and fragrant, tossing once halfway through the cooking time. Remove from oven and set aside to let cool completely. Loosely chop the cooled pecans.
- In a bowl, combine the cheddar cheese and pimientos with all the juice in the jar, Franks RedHot sauce, mayo, salt and pepper. Stir until combined. Then, add 3/4 of the chopped pecans, reserving the rest for topping, and mix until combined.
- Place the dip in a serving bowl and top with the remaining chopped pecans and freshly chopped chives.
- Serve with fresh cut veggies and crackers for dipping. Makes 30 servings (two tablespoons per serving).