- 3/4 cup raw pecans
- 3 cups water, plus additional for soaking
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Place the pecans in a bowl and cover them with water. Let them soak for 30 minutes, then drain. (Pecans can be soaked in refrigerator for up to 24 hours to achieve the creamiest consistency.)
- In a blender, combine the soaked pecans, 3 cups water, vanilla extract, maple syrup, and kosher salt. Blend on high for 2 to 3 minutes until creamy.
- Refrigerate about 1 hour until the liquids and solids separate. Strain the pecan milk through fine mesh strainer into a sealable 1-quart jar, using a spatula to push liquid through as necessary. Seal the top and refrigerate until cold; stores refrigerated for up to 1 week. Shake well before serving, as milk may separate over time.