- 1 cup raw pecan halves
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup whole milk*
- 1 cup whole Greek yogurt*
- 2 bananas, cut into slices and frozen
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of kosher salt
- Grated nutmeg, for topping (optional)
- Pecan pieces or pecan halves, chopped (optional)
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F. Place oats and pecan halves on a rimmed baking sheet, and bake in the oven, stirring occasionally, until toasted and fragrant (12 to 15 minutes). Let cool completely.
- Add toasted oats and pecans to a blender, and blend until finely ground. Add milk, yogurt, frozen bananas, maple syrup, cinnamon, vanilla and a pinch of salt, then blend until smooth. Divide between 2 glasses and top with grated nutmeg and pecan pieces or pecan halves, chopped if using. Enjoy immediately.
- You may use lighter milk and yogurt if desired here.