- 1 cup fresh pecan pieces, divided
- 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes, not packed in oil
- 2 tablespoons olive or pecan oil + additional for frying
- 8 slices of your favorite sandwich bread
- 8 ounces sliced extra sharp cheddar cheese, or your favorite cheese
- Add 1/2 cup pecans to a small food processor and finely chop (this also works in a regular-sized food processor), making sure to stop before it becomes nut butter. Add the sundried tomatoes and 2 tablespoons olive oil and process to a spread. Remove mixture to a small bowl. Makes 6 tablespoons of spread.
- Lay bread slices out on a flat surface. Spread 8 slices of bread with an even amount of the pecan and sun dried tomato spread. Top 4 of the bread slices with 1 ounce of cheese; then spread 2 tablespoons of pecans in a single layer on top of the cheese. Then top each of those slices with an additional 1 ounce cheese. Then top with other slice of bread, spread side facing down on top of the cheese.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat. While pan is heating brush the top and bottom bread slices of each cheese sandwich with olive oil. Cook two sandwiches at a time for about 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted and bread is lightly browned. Serve immediately with a big green salad.