- 2/3 cup raw pecan pieces
- 1 cup oat milk (or milk of your choice)
- 2 cups medium cauliflower florets
- 1 large clove garlic
- 1 pound linguine
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese or vegan Parmesan, plus more for garnish, if desired
- Put the pecans in a blender and cover with the oat milk. Leave to soak, but don’t blend yet.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the cauliflower and garlic and boil until tender enough to easily pierce with a knife, about 5 to 6 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to scoop out the cauliflower and garlic, drain well, and add to the blender.
- Bring the water back to a boil and add the linguine. Cook according to package directions until al dente.
- While the linguine cooks, add the lemon zest and juice, salt, and pepper to the blender. Puree until smooth.
- When the linguine is done, scoop out 1/2 cup of the pasta water and set aside. Drain the linguine and return immediately to the pot. Add the pecan/cauliflower sauce, Parmesan, and enough pasta cooking water so the sauce lightly coats the pasta.
- Serve immediately.