- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1/4 cup spinach, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional
- 1 cup raw pecan pieces or pecan halves, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine ground chicken, spinach, lemon juice, egg, garlic, onion powder, paprika, salt, pepper, cayenne (if adding), and 1/2 cup pecans.
- Mix all ingredients together until well combined.
- Roll chicken mixture into meatballs, a little over 1 tablespoon of mixture each.
- Place reserved 1/2 cup pecans in a bowl. Roll meatballs in pecans to coat, and then place prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes until meatballs are cooked through.
- Serve warm with sauces for dipping or over pasta of your choice as a main dish. Makes about 25 meatball. Serves 5.