- 1/3 cup raw pecan pieces
- 4 4 to 6-ounce salmon fillets, skins removed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, halved
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup raw pecan halves
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. and lightly grease a large baking sheet pan. Place pecan pieces in a wide, shallow dish.
- Season salmon fillets with salt and pepper and brush top sides with about 2 teaspoons of olive oil. Press salmon fillets top-side-down into the finely chopped pecans to coat. Arrange salmon fillets in the center of prepared baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, combine Brussels sprouts, remaining olive oil, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, pecans halves, and salt and pepper to taste. Toss to combine, then transfer to the sheet pan in a single layer, not touching the salmon.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 to 18 minutes until Brussels sprouts are fork-tender and salmon is cooked through.
- While salmon is baking: in a medium sauce pan bring balsamic vinegar to a boil, continue to boil, stirring throughout, for about 10 minutes until liquid has reduced by half. Remove from heat, stir in honey, and allow to cool until ready to serve. Drizzle over salmon and Brussels sprouts just before serving.