- Stir Fry:
- 1 tablespoon pecan, coconut or sesame oil
- 1 small yellow or white onion, sliced
- 2 carrots, julienned
- 12 ounces broccoli florets
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and julienned
- 1 cup raw pecan halves
- 1 cup dry quinoa (or rice), cooked according to package directions
- Fresh cilantro, for garnish
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons agave or maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot or cornstarch
- Dash of red pepper flakes
- Zest of 1 orange
- Heat a large skillet or wok over high heat. Add the oil and swirl to coat.
- Add the onion, carrots, broccoli and red bell pepper to the hot pan and stir-fry, turning with tongs, until the vegetables are just tender, about 5 minutes. Add the pecans.
- While the vegetables are cooking: whisk together the sauce ingredients*. Pour the sauce into the pan over the vegetables and continue to cook for 1 minute, until the sauce begins to thicken and coat the vegetables.
- Serve the stir fry vegetables and pecans immediately over quinoa (or rice) and garnish with fresh cilantro leaves.
*You can swap in use your favorite stir fry sauce here as well