- 2 cups cherry or grape tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil or pecan oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 4 large eggs, poached or fried
- 2 tablespoons parsley, minced, for serving
- Spiced Pecans:
- 2/3 cup raw pecan halves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or pecan oil
- 1 to 2 tablespoons zaatar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Slice the tomatoes in half and place in a roasting pan. Toss with olive oil and salt. Roast until tomatoes are soft and starting to brown, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Make the Spiced Pecans: Place pecans in a roasting pan or sheet tray and toss with olive oil. Roast for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and carefully toss with za’atar. Return to oven and roast for another 2 to 3 minutes, until the nuts are fragrant. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Rinse the quinoa and place in a pan with 2 cups water. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook for 12 minutes or until most of the water has been absorbed. After 12 minutes, turn off heat and let quinoa sit for 5 minutes.
- Assemble the bowls: divide quinoa into four bowls. Top with tomatoes, fried or poached egg, and pecans. Top with parsley and serve.
Notes: Cook the quinoa, pecans, and tomatoes ahead of time for a quick, morning-of assembly. Also, I highly recommend doubling the amount of pecans. These roasted pecans make for a perfect snack!