- 1 bunch kale, stems removed
- 1/3 cup plus 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 small pears, sliced
- 3/4 cup fresh pecan halves
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons course grain mustard
- Pinch of kosher salt
- Pinch of cracked black pepper
- Chop or shred kale into very small pieces and transfer to a large bowl. Drizzle kale with 3 tablespoons of olive oil and, using clean hands, massage kale for about 3 to 5 minutes or until kale becomes a glossy, deep green and begins to tenderize.
- Add pear slices, pecan halves, and pomegranate seeds and toss with the kale.
- Add remaining olive oil, apple cider vinegar, mustard, salt, and pepper to a mason jar and secure lid. Shake for several seconds until dressing comes together. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat.
- Serve immediately or allow salad to marinate in dressing for up to 30 minutes before serving.