- 1 cup farro
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon plus 1 teaspoon Kosher salt, divided
- 1 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 seedless cucumber, chopped
- 5 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 3/4 cup pecan pieces
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or pecan oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- Add farro, water, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt to a large saucepan. Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce heat to a simmer. Simmer farro for 20 to 25 minutes or until farro is tender. Fluff with a fork and transfer to a large bowl.
- Add chopped parsley, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, bell pepper, and pecans and toss. Drizzle tabouleh with lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper and toss until evenly mixed. Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Serve immediately or chill to serve cold.