- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 red onion, minced
- 1 pound fresh green beans, ends trimmed and cut in half
- 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh pecan pieces
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add onions and sauté for about 2-3 minutes or until onions are soft. Add green beans and stir to coat in oil and onions. Add water to the pan and season beans with salt and pepper.
- Cover and allow beans to cook until they are tender, but still have a nice crunch – about 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving dish and top with pecan pieces. Serve hot.