- 1 cup toasted pecan pieces
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 4 medjool dates, pitted
- 1/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder, plus more for coating
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Add all of the ingredients to the bowl of a food processor.
- Pulse until the ingredients begin to bind and form a loose dough-like ball.
- Roll into 1-inch balls. Roll the balls in cacao powder (optional) and transfer to an airtight container. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Makes 10 to 12 energy bites.
- To make this recipe gluten-free, substitute 1/4 cup of certified gluten-free old-fashioned oats.
- The energy balls will stay fresh in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.