- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1 large egg white
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (from 1 lime)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or pecan oil
- 2 to 3 teaspoons ancho chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup wheat cereal squares
- 1 cup small pretzel twists
- Whisk together egg white, lime juice, olive oil, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder and salt until well blended. Fold in pecan halves and cereal until well coated. Spread mixture onto parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 275 degrees F. for about 40-45 minutes or until mixture is toasted. Stir pecan mixture several times during baking. Allow pecans to cool completely and transfer to a bowl. Mix in pretzels and serve.