- 1 1/2 cups pecan pieces
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- Add the pecan pieces to the bowl of a large food processor. Process on high (with an S-blade) for about 15 seconds until they form a fine powder. Make sure not to over-process the pecans and release the oils too much.
- Add the remaining 3 ingredients to the bowl of the food processor and process for about one minute until it forms a dough.
- Carefully remove the blade from the food processor, and divide the dough into 12 balls. (Alternatively, press the dough into the bottom of a parchment-lined loaf pan and cut into pieces at a later step.)
- Let the bites chill in the refrigerator or freezer for about an hour before enjoying. The bites can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks or in the freezer for up to 3 months.