- 15 Medjool dates (9 ounces)*
- 1 cup raw pecan halves
- 1/2 cup gluten free oats
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees F.
- Place the dates in the food processor and process or pulse until they are chopped and a rough texture forms. Then, add the remaining ingredients and process for a minute or so until a crumbly dough forms.
- Line a baking sheet or jelly roll pan with parchment paper. Dump the dough into the center of the parchment paper and use a rolling pin to roll it into a rectangle that is 6” x 10.5”. Cut the dough into 14 bars that are 1.5” x 3” or into a desired shape.
- Bake the bars for 30 minutes (this step helps to make the texture more dry and less sticky). Cool the bars to room temperature, then store refrigerated in a sealed container between sheets of wax paper.
- To package them for on-the-go snacking: cut out 4” x 6” rectangles of wax paper, wrap them around the bars, and secure them with tape.