- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil (or any high-heat oil you like)
- 12 ounces trimmed fresh green beans
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- In a small bowl, stir the soy sauce, sesame oil, and maple syrup.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the fresh green beans and ¼ cup of water. Cover with plastic wrap and microwave until the beans are just tender, about 5 minutes. Drain and pat them dry with a paper towel.
- In a large skillet, heat the vegetable oil over medium-high heat until very hot (a drop of water should sizzle when it hits the pan). Add the green beans and cook, without stirring, until charred on one side, about 3 minutes. Stir and continue cooking until beans are charred all over, about 3 more minutes. Remove the skillet from heat and add the sauce mixture and pecans, tossing repeatedly to coat.