1 cup pecan pieces
1 head garlic
2 slices of day-old sourdough bread, crust removed
2 cups vegetable stock
1 cup extra virgin olive oil or pecan oil
1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup seedless green grapes, halved
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Wrap the garlic in aluminum foil. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until the cloves feel soft when pressed. Remove from oven and, when cool enough to handle, squeeze out garlic cloves.
- Soak the sourdough bread in water until very soggy. Squeeze out excess water.
- In a food processor or blender, combine garlic cloves, soaked bread, vegetable stock, pecan pieces, olive oil, sherry vinegar and salt. Pulse until smooth. Chill until ready to serve.
- To serve, pour the chilled soup into serving bowls. Garnish with halved grapes and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
Fat 52 g
Saturated Fat 7 g
Sodium 490 mg
Carbs 22 g
Fiber 3 g
Protein 5 g