3 large bananas
8 ounces dark chocolate, roughly chopped
1 teaspoon coconut or pecan oil (optional)*
1 cup toasted pecan pieces
6 popsicle sticks
- Line a baking sheet with wax or parchment paper.
- Melt the chocolate, and oil if using, in a double boiler or in the microwave until smooth.
- Peel and cut each banana in half. Place a popsicle stick in each half.
- Dip each banana half into the melted chocolate, allowing the excess to drip off, and then dip into the chopped pecans. Place the banana on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat the same process with the remaining banana halves.
- Transfer the baking sheet to the freezer and allow the bananas to chill for at least 4 hours. The bananas will stay fresh in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 7 days.
Note: the coconut oil will thin the chocolate and make it shine
Saturated Fat 8g