10 tablespoons unsalted butter
6 tablespoons demerara or granulated sugar
1 egg yolk
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup pecan pieces
1/2 cup demerara or granulated sugar
6 tablespoons unsalted butter
3 tablespoons milk
1/3 cup bitter chocolate, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- With an electric mixer, cream together the butter and the sugar. Add the egg and mix until well combined. Stir in the flour and combine to make a dough. Pat the dough into a 9-inch pie plate.
- In a small saucepan, combine the chopped pecans, sugar, butter, milk and chocolate. Heat over low heat until chocolate melts.
- Pour the chocolate pecan mixture over the pie dough.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Turn the oven off and let the Chocolate Pecan Pie sit for an additional 15 minutes. Serve while still warm.