2 1/2 cups raw pecan halves
1 9-inch pie dough (store bought or homemade)
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
1 cup light corn syrup
1 cup light brown sugar
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
3 large eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 teaspoon salt
- Place baking sheet in oven. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Gently line pie pan with rolled out pie dough. Be sure to press into edges and up the sides. Use fingers or a fork to create a decorative edge of your choice. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together butter, corn syrup, brown sugar, and vanilla extract. Add eggs and salt and whisk until mixture is even. Fold in pecan halves.
- Pour mixture into pie crust and spread evenly with a spatula. Take pieces of aluminum foil and gently cover edges of pie crust. Place pie on preheated baking sheet and bake for 60 to 70 minutes or until pie is set in center.
- Remove pie and allow to cool completely before serving or chilling. Pie can be made the day ahead and refrigerated overnight. Allow pie to come to room temperature before serving.
Saturated Fat 8g