- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon pecan or canola oil
- 1 cup, plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 20 raw pecan halves, cut in half
- 40 candy eyeballs
- 20 red chocolate candies
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a mini muffin tin with nonstick baking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together melted butter, oil, and sugar until well combined. Add the eggs and vanilla extract to the bowl and beat until the mixture is thick and pale in color, about 1 minute.
- Sift in the flour and cocoa powder. Add the espresso powder (if using) and salt. Using a rubber spatula, fold the dry ingredients into the butter mixture until just combined. The batter will be very thick.
- Using a 1-tablespoon cookie scoop, transfer the batter to the prepared mini muffin tin. Bake for 13 to 15 minutes. A toothpick inserted in the center should come out mostly clean, with a few lingering crumbs. Do not overbake.
- Add the chocolate chips to a heatproof bowl and microwave until smooth and melted. Add the chocolate to a sandwich bag and cut off a small portion of the tip. Use the melted chocolate to glue on the pecan antlers, candy eyeballs, and red candy nose. Allow the chocolate to set before transferring to an airtight container. The brownies will stay fresh for up to 3 days. Makes 20 mini brownies.
- You can substitute canola oil for melted coconut oil or vegetable oil.
- If you don’t have espresso powder, substitute 1/2 teaspoon coffee extract.