2 heads of cauliflower, cut into 8 1-inch cauliflower slices
1 tablespoon pecan, avocado or olive oil
Salt and pepper, to taste
For the pesto:*
2 cups fresh packed basil
1/4 cup raw pecan pieces
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 garlic clove
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1/2 cup pecan or olive oil
1/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Preheat grill to medium high heat, about 375 to 400 degrees F.
- Brush both sides of cauliflower slices with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Gently place seasoned cauliflower slices on grill. Grill each side for 4 minutes, gently flipping with a spatula.
- Remove cauliflower slices from grill and let rest.
- Make the pesto: in a food processor, pulse the ingredients for pesto: basil, raw pecans, garlic, salt, pepper and lemon zest until the basil is finely chopped. Slowly add in the olive oil and combine to blend until combined.
- Transfer pesto to a bowl and stir in the parmesan cheese.
- To serve, top cauliflower slices with pesto.
*You can also use your favorite store-bought pesto