2 cups raw, halved pecans
3/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
3/4 teaspoon ground allspice
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
3/4 cup maple syrup
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
3/4 teaspoon fine grain mineral salt
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Add the pecans, smoked paprika, allspice, cinnamon, cumin, nutmeg, and cayenne to a skillet.
- Turn heat to medium and toast for 1-2 minutes, until the spices are fragrant.
- Add the maple syrup, thyme, salt, onion powder, and garlic powder and stir well to coat, then cook for 2-3 more minutes, until the maple syrup has thickened.
- Pour onto parchment paper and space out so they’re not touching each other. They’ll harden as they cool.
- Store in a tightly sealed container at room temp for up to 5 days. Makes 2 cups.