- 4 1-inch thick boneless pork loin chops
- 3/4 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 medium peaches, diced
- 2/3 cup raw pecan pieces
- 2 tablespoons red onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon minced jalapeno pepper
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- Season the pork chops with the 3/4 teaspoon salt and black pepper.
- Heat the grill or grill pan to medium-high heat.
- Add pork chops to the grill and cook until nicely browned, about 5 minutes.
- Flip the chops and continue to cook until the center registers 135 degrees F, another 5 or 6 minutes.
- Transfer to a plate and let rest for at least 5 minutes (the interior temperature will continue to rise and should reach 145 – 160 degrees F. before eating).
- While the pork chops are grilling, prepare the salsa: Gently stir together the peaches, pecans, onion, basil, jalapeno, lime juice, and remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt.
- Add a generous amount of salsa on top of each chop, with remaining salsa on the side.