- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups (1-15 ounce can) cooked black beans
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 2/3 cup raw pecan pieces
- 1 to 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 2 cups fire roasted tomatoes
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro, plus more for garnish
- 4 multicolor bell peppers
- 1 ripe avocado, diced (for garnish)
- 1 lime, sliced (for garnish)
- 2 radishes, sliced (for garnish, optional)
- In a large bowl, stir together the quinoa, beans, corn, pecan pieces, taco seasoning, tomatoes, onion, and cilantro.
- Cut the tops off the peppers and use a spoon to scrape out the seeds and veins. Fill the hollowed peppers with the filling.
- If making in the Instant Pot: Pour 1 cup of water into the Instant Pot liner. Fit with the trivet or large steamer basket. Place the peppers onto the trivet. Lock the lid, with valve sealing. Select manual/pressure cook (high) and set for 5 minutes. When the cook time is finishes, naturally release the pressure for 5 minutes before manually releasing any remaining pressure. Carefully remove the lid and ensure the peppers are fork-tender. If making in the oven: Place peppers into a casserole dish, cover with foil, and bake at 350 degrees F. for 30 minutes, or until peppers are tender.
- Remove the peppers and enjoy warm topped with avocado, lime, radish slices, and fresh cilantro.