- 1 12-ounce jar roasted red bell peppers, drained
- 2/3 cup raw pecan halves
- 1/4 cup panko or unseasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (or 2 teaspoons Aleppo pepper)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons pecan or olive oil, plus more for drizzling if desired
- 1 tablespoon pomegranate molasses (or 1 1/2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar + 1 teaspoon honey)
- 8 slices crusty bread
- 8 ounces shredded rotisserie chicken
- Handful arugula (about 1 cup)
- Make the muhammara: Put the red peppers, pecans, panko, garlic, lemon juice, salt, red pepper flakes, cumin, olive oil, and pomegranate molasses into a food processor fitted with a metal blade. Pulse until finely chopped, nearly to a puree, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Assemble the sandwiches: Lightly toast the bread in a toaster. Spread a few tablespoons of the muhammara on four slices of bread. Divide the chicken over the muhammara and top with a pile of arugula. Lightly drizzle with olive oil and cover with remaining bread.