2 tablespoons pecan pieces
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons aluminum-free baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup coconut sugar or granulated sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 large eggs
1/4 cup avocado oil
1 cup plain lowfat Greek yogurt
1/2 cup lowfat milk
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 cup (about 2 medium) fresh peaches, chopped
For the streusel topping::
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Pinch of salt
2 tablespoons packed dark brown sugar
2 tablespoons salted butter, melted
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 12-cup muffin tin or line it with paper muffin cups or parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, sugar and cinnamon.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs lightly. Add the avocado oil, yogurt, milk and vanilla. Whisk until combined.
- Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture along with the chopped peaches and pecans. Fold the ingredients together just until combined. Do not overmix.
- To make the streusel, combine the flour, cinnamon, salt, brown sugar and pecans in a small bowl. Add the melted butter and mix to form small clumps.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared tins. Divide the streusel topping evenly over the muffins.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow to cool on a wire rack.