1 delicata squash
4 flatbreads (naan, lavash, etc.)*
3/4 cup ricotta
1/2 cup raw pecan halves
1/4 cup dried tart cherries (or cranberries)
2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Trim ends off delicata squash then slice into thin rings. Remove the seeds from the center of each ring and place on a baking sheet. Spray with cooking spray and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 10 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Meanwhile, assemble the flatbreads on another baking sheet.
- Top flatbreads with the roasted squash rings then dollop ricotta evenly on top.
- Scatter pecans and dried cherries on top and sprinkle with chopped sage.
- Season generously with salt and pepper then place back into the oven for 7 to 10 minutes until edges of the flatbread start to turn golden brown and crispy, pecans are toasted and ricotta dollops melt a bit.
- Remove from the oven, let cool for 1 to 2 minutes before slicing and serving.
Notes: use gluten-free flatbread to keep this recipe gluten-free
Saturated Fat 1g