1 pound ground chicken
1/4 cup spinach, chopped
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional
1 cup raw pecan pieces
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine ground chicken, spinach, lemon juice, egg, garlic, onion powder, paprika, salt, pepper, cayenne (if adding), and 1/2 cup pecans.
- Mix all ingredients together until well combined.
- Roll chicken mixture into meatballs, a little over 1 tablespoon of mixture each.
- Place reserved 1/2 cup pecans in a bowl. Roll meatballs in pecans to coat, and then place prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes until meatballs are cooked through.
- Serve warm with sauces for dipping or over pasta of your choice as a main dish. Makes about 25 meatball. Serves 5.
Saturated Fat 4g