1 cup pecan pieces
1/3 cup arrowroot or corn starch
2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon sea salt, plus more to taste
1 large egg
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard, plus more for serving
1 tablespoon water
2 garlic cloves, crushed
6 medium sized boneless pork chops (trimmed of any fat)
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together pecans, arrowroot starch, Italian seasoning, onion powder, garlic powder and sea salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together egg, Dijon mustard, water, and garlic.
- To make the pork chops*: first cover the pork chops in the egg mixture, then transfer to the bowl with the pecan mixture to coat all sides. Repeat with remaining pork chops. Place 3 pork chops in the air fryer basket.
- Cook pork chops for 6 minutes, flip, then cook for an additional 6 minutes. Set aside on a plate.
- Repeat with remaining pork chops.
- Serve hot with extra Dijon mustard (if using).
*If you don’t have an air fryer, coat the pork chops using the same method, then sauté the pork chops for 5-6 minutes per side in an oiled skillet over medium-high heat.