1 pork tenderloin (about 1 1/2 pounds)
Salt and pepper, to taste
1/2 cup brown sugar, divided
2 tablespoons soy sauce, divided
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1/2 cup pecan pieces
1/4 cup pineapple juice
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. and lightly grease a large baking dish. Season pork tenderloin with salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir together 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, and minced garlic. Spread mixture over the top of the pork.
- Press pecan pieces onto the brown sugar mixture on the pork. Bake uncovered in preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- While pork is cooking, prepare the sauce: In a medium sauce pan over medium-high heat, combine remaining 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, pineapple juice, and Dijon mustard. Bring mixture to a boil, reduce to a simmer for 3 to 5 minutes, then remove from heat.
- Slice pork, spoon sauce over the top, and serve. Serves 6.
Saturated Fat 2g