1/2 cup pecan meal
1 cup pecan pieces, divided
2 tablespoons pecan oil, divided
1/2 cup maple syrup
1 teaspoon salt, divided
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 cups matchstick cut granny smith apples
1 cup finely sliced fennel
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons minced parsley
4 four-ounce salmon fillets
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a small saucepan, heat maple syrup and 1/2 cup chopped pecans and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and cayenne pepper.
- In a medium bowl, combine the apples, fennel, 1 tablespoon of pecan oil, lemon juice and parsley. Toss until well combined. Season with remaining salt and 2 tablespoons of maple and pecan mixture.
- Place the salmon fillets on a foil lined sheet tray sprayed with cooking spray. Drizzle 2 teaspoons of maple mixture over each salmon fillet. Top with 2 tablespoons each of the pecan meal and remaining pecan pieces. Drizzle with remaining pecan oil and press gently into fish. Place the sheet tray in the oven and bake until salmon is flaky, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- To serve, scoop 1/2 cup of apple slaw onto dinner plate. Top with pecan crusted salmon and drizzle with a tablespoon of maple syrup.