1 cup pecan halves or pecan pieces
1/4 cup maple syrup
3/4 cup crushed peppermint candy canes (crushed in a bag with a rolling pin)
16 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, toast the pecans until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Add maple syrup and toss to coat; cook until syrup is thickened, about 1 more minute.
- Transfer to a parchment-covered pan, spreading out so they’re not touching each other. Let cool completely (this helps them from being sticky).
- Melt the chocolate in a microwave using 30 second increments or in a double boiler.
- Pour into the middle of a parchment-lined pan, then spread until about 1/4″ thick.
- Place candy canes and pecans evenly over chocolate layer.
- Let cool at room temperature at least 4 hours, or until hard, before breaking into pieces.
Saturated Fat 7g