2 cups raw pecan pieces
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
4 8-ounce packages of cream cheese, room temperature
1 cup granulated sugar
4 large eggs, room temperature
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/3 cup sour cream, room temperature
1 cup raw pecan halves
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/3 cup light brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Dash of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line the bottom of a 9 inch springform pan with foil and place ring onto bottom and secure the latch. Spray the inside of the pan and foil lined bottom with non-stick baking spray.
- Wrap outside of the bottom and sides of pan with two more layers of foil. This is to help ensure water does not seep into cheesecake during baking. Set aside.
Make the Pecan Crust:
- Place pecan pieces, sugar, and melted butter into the bowl of a food processor.
- Process in pulses until raw pecan pieces are very small pieces and mixture is evenly moistened. Be careful to not over process, which can turn the pecans into pecan butter.
- Press pecan mixture evenly along the bottom of the pan using your fingers or the bottom of a measuring cup.
- Bake crust for about 10 minutes or until set. Remove pan from oven and allow to cool.
Make the Cheesecake Filling:
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat cream cheese for several minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add sugar and beat for an additional 2 to 3 minutes until full creamed together.
- Add eggs, sour cream, and vanilla extract and beat on medium speed, stopping to scrape down the sides several times, until the cream cheese mixture is smooth, creamy, with no lumps.
Cook the Pie:
- Bring a kettle of water to boil and have ready.
- Take slow cooker lining bag and place it in a large roasting pan, open side up. Place spring-form pan with par-baked crust down into the slow cooker liner, keeping liner open at the top.
- Carefully pour cheesecake filling on top of crust.
- Place roasting pan on the oven rack and pour boiling water into roasting pan on the outside of the slow cooker liner.
- Close oven door and bake for 60 minutes. Turn off oven and crack oven door, leaving the cheesecake in turned off oven for an additional 60 minutes.
- Remove cheesecake from oven and allow to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Refrigerate cheesecake overnight.
Make the Pecan Topping:
- In a small sauce pan, mix together butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Place over medium low heat and stir constantly until sugar is melted into the butter. Allow mixture to bubble for about 1 to 1 1/2 minutes. Remove from heat and fold in raw pecan halves.
- Allow mixture to cool slightly before pouring over the top of cheesecake. Allow topping to set slightly before slicing and serving.
- Store cheesecake tightly wrapped in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Saturated Fat 13g