1/4 cup pecan pieces
2 cups Pecan Milk
1/4 cup Roasted Butternut Squash
1 cup spelt
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons Parmesan, grated
1/4 cup aged fontina, grated
1 cup water
1 cup pecan pieces
3 cups water
Roasted Butternut Squash
2 cups butternut squash, peeled, seeded and diced 3/4-inch
2 tablespoons pecan oil
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 tablespoons honey
1/3 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup toasted pecan pieces
- Bring cheeses to room temperature.
- Toast pecan pieces in 350 degrees Fahrenheit oven for 10-12 minutes until golden brown.
- Combine roasted squash and pecans and set aside.
- Place water in sauté pan and cook spelt for 1.5 hours on low heat, with the pan covered.
- Drain water from spelt.
- Combine all ingredients in a sauté pan until the risotto is hot and creamy.
- Soak pecan pieces in water for 24 hours.
- Blend in blender.
- Strain through very fine cheesecloth, and keep refrigerated.
Roasted Butternut Squash:
- Toss butternut squash in pecan oil with salt and pepper.
- Place on sheet pan, and roast at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 15-18 minutes until soft.
- Remove from oven and cool.
- Place butternut squash in mixing bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.