1 pound mushrooms (about 25 1.5-inch mushrooms)
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons pecan or olive oil*
1 shallot, minced about (1/4 cup)
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup pecan pieces
1/4 cup parsley, minced
1/4 panko breadcrumbs
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
25 pecan halves
2 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon pecan or olive oil
Pinch of salt
- Carefully break off stems. Chop stems extremely fine, discarding tough end of stems.
- Heat butter over medium heat in a small skillet. Add in shallots, pecans, mushroom stems and garlic. Sauté until everything has softened. About 5 minutes.
- Add warm ingredients to a medium sized mixing bowl and stir in goat cheese, parsley and breadcrumbs.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spread out mushroom caps on a large baking sheet. Working with one mushroom at a time brush both inside and outside with oil (or melted butter) and stuff with 1 teaspoon of pecan filling. Place on center rack and bake from 20 minutes.
- While mushrooms are cooking: heat honey and olive oil and medium sized skillet over low heat. Add in pecan halves and stir until they are completely coated. Over medium-low heat, cook until pecans have taken on a slightly darker color, about 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from oven, and spread pecans onto a piece of parchment to cool.
- Once mushrooms are cooked, top with candied pecans and serve immediately. Enjoy!
*Recipe notes: Can also use butter