- ½ cup pecan halves
- 1 cup farro, rinsed
- ⅓ cup store-bought basil pesto
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup jarred (or canned) artichoke hearts in water (½ of a 12-ounce jar), drained
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, cut into quarters (½ of a pint)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Scatter the pecan halves on a baking sheet and bake until fragrant and toasted, about 8 minutes. Let cool enough to handle, then chop them coarsely.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the farro with 3 cups water. Bring to a boil, stir, then reduce the heat to low and simmer until the grains are tender but still chewy, about 20 minutes.
- Drain off the excess water and fluff the farro with a fork. Transfer to a large bowl and let cool slightly.
- Stir in the pesto to coat all of the grains. Stir in the Parmesan, artichokes, tomatoes, and toasted pecans. Taste and season with salt and pepper as desired.