4 chicken thighs (bone in, skin on), trimmed of excess fat
Kosher salt & fresh ground pepper, to taste
1 large sweet potato (about 1 pound), cut into wedges/thick slices*
1 cup (4 ounces) raw pecan halves
3 tablespoons maple syrup
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon olive oil or pecan oil
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
Fresh chopped herbs for serving (parsley, thyme, rosemary, etc.), to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. convection roast if you have that setting. Otherwise, 425 degrees F.
- Place the trimmed chicken thighs skin side up on a clean surface and season liberally with salt and pepper then transfer to a large bowl.
- Add the sweet potatoes and pecans to the bowl with the chicken.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together the maple syrup, mustard, olive oil, apple cider vinegar, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Pour the mixture into the large bowl with the chicken. Gently toss everything together until the chicken, sweet potatoes and pecans are all evenly coated.
- Spread out onto a foil lined baking sheet in an even single layer.
- Roast for about 20 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked, flipping the sweet potatoes and pecans 1-2 times during cooking to ensure even browning and caramelization. If you want a deep golden brown skin on the chicken, finish under the broiler for about 1 minute watching carefully so it doesn’t burn!
- Remove from oven, garnish with fresh herbs and serve.
*Recipe Note: The original recipe uses a crinkle cut knife for the sweet potatoes.
Saturated Fat 7g