- 1 large egg white, beaten
- 2 cups raw pecan halves
- 3 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil or pecan oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 to 2 tablespoons fresh chopped herbs such as rosemary, thyme, chives, etc.
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk beat egg with a fork until frothy. Add pecans and stir until coated. In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, garlic powder, herbs, and salt. Pour mixture over pecans and stir to coat evenly. Spread pecans in an even layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake pecans for 40 minutes, stirring halfway through. Allow pecans to cool completely. Store in an airtight container for up to 4 days. Makes 2 cups.